Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Pic Uploading In Overdrive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that a rule was inplaced that no one could put more than five pieces of art on the site a day.

I was just looked through todays list for what has been put up so far and Sally Ragdoll or whatever the name is uploaded ten! :blink:

What happened? :huh:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denis mentioned he was letting people upload more for now after the downtime, but there are a few users *cough* who are [i]really[/i] overdoing it.
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess i can understand that....sorta...

And i swear, the next time i find a photograph on this site i'm going to scream. It's not even just the photographs so to speak that really ticks me off, it's offical movie/music industry people find, like (or obsessed like some pathetic people) and post it for everyone to see. Grr!

If this one girl doesn't remove the one i found when i asked her about it, i swear. It's Lestat, who gives a s**t, he's not real, he's a character made up from a book, that was in a movie, holy s**t lets all go crazy and just fall in love <_< really, hearing her repeat the word lestat, i love lestat, in chat all day is bad enough, then i i'm looking around, and what do you know, the stupid girl is posting official photgraphs on the website.

That takes up space, and my god damn time looking for real art work.....i swear some of these people are complete and utter dumbasses, not to mention rude and inconsid....*deep breahtes* forget it, you can't teach some dumb dogs new tricks... T_T

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, I dunno 'bout the whole uploading more thing. I can see the logic behind it, but perhaps I'm the only one who hasn't even looked at the recent uploads because of the crap flooding. Not worth my time to sort through the massive backlog of sketches. (though very recently I haven't had time for much of anything)

I even have a couple things to submit but knowing my luck, as soon as I do there'll be a few kids who want to submit ten Inuyasha doodles. <_<
sally_the_ragdoll
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi this is sally the ragdoll. in the past week i've recieved reviews saying to stop posting so many pics, and to stop putting them up becuz my pics suck.

i just wanted to say i'm sorry. i'm VERY sorry. i know everyone's mad at me, and i guess i really cant change your opinions. but i've cut down to 5 or less now. i promise never to upload like that again. i hope i didn't cause any pain or confusion. now looking back, it seems like it is pretty annoying to see someone's art all over the place. and for that i'm truly sorry.

i hope we can start over and get back to the way things were.

so here we go. hi, i'm ashley, and i'm new to fanart central Smile
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

Oh, don't worry about it sally, i'm not as mean i a can seem at times (points up to past posts) I just get a little grumpy when all the sudden people are posting 10 things at a time when a rule for posting no more than five was suppose to be enforce....then again i probably wouldn't have been so grumpy about it if there had been a real announcment about it and/or told without having to go and complain *sighs* something i'll have to get use to, i guess people just don't communicate like they should *mutters* annoys the hell out of me.

As for people leaving you comments saying your stuff sucks and such, i'm sorry to hear that and i don't agree with people being out right rude. The only time i say anything that could be classed as rude or mean, is when someone is stealing another pic, or claiming ownership on something/someone they don't have ownership over. That kind of thing i will be nasty about, as well as make a report of course, in fact i did that the other night, but when i left the comment, the person saw it and changed the info under the pic so they didn't get in trouble *mumbles* oh well.

Now that is something worth being a little nasty over, i think so probably more than some considering i have my own characters, that i and i alone own (i'm an amatuer writer) and people on this site do drawings for me when they can of these characters (i'm horrible at drawing things from my imagination all to well) so i guess i'm protective about it happening to others for fear that someone may someday do the same with one of the drawings done for me, laying claim on my character (which would be a foolish thing for anyone to do)

So yeah, i'm not happy about people putting so much up at once, but i can understand if your brand new and have some work, although i would prefer some people to try and keep it down to maybe 5 a day for awhile, but if it's a must, then a few days are fine otherwise. But this sort of thing has been going on for awhile, and i was told that it would only be for a short while....after i grumbled of course T_T

no hard feelings, don't take things personal, like i tell everyone not to, nothing is personal really, until state so clearly Razz lol. So don't worry about it, and if people are that rude to tell you your work sucks or anything like that, then just ignore them, delete their comments (you do know you can do that right?) and go on with your work. I've looked at some of it, and it's not all to bad really. well, later.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't "announced" because it was never really a rule (in fact, I don't even remember where Denis mentioned it...). Had it been said, I imagine 70% of the people would interpret that as a free for all post-a-thon, and there would be 800 new submissions. It was more a policy of ignoring it for awhile.

And sally, ignore those people. I'm sure they were just trying to make you feel bad and stop posting instead of politely mentioning the 5 limit rule. Your stuff doesn't suck at all. Smile
LiYang
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should definately be a submission limit. I know that probably many people would be pissed about it, but I really think it is damned necessary to cut down on the amount of daily submissions. 1-3 per day. That is a reasonable amount.
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^_^ *tackles Li* YOU LISTENED TO ME AND CAME!

Yaay, finally, you show your face around here. Like i said Li, you need to read up on some stuff a little more, you do miss out Razz

And i agree completely with you. We're we just talking about this in chat?" *Sighs* oh well.

I say let people complain, it's naturla, they'll do it. And if you let people complaining push you around with the site, then eventually it will go to hell with the mess it becomes *Sighs* i really don't want to think about that happening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: