Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Best Villian
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeheiZero
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering what all of your favourite video game villains/bad guys/bad girls/evil entities/bosses are. Not gonna put a poll as there would be an endless string of "other" choices. Doesn't even have to be the game's central baddie, if you thought there was someone half-way through you thought was cool, say so. Please give a reason if you can. Maybe they were really tough to beat, had a great plan, or were overall just plain badass.

Mine would have to be:

Psycho Mantis from [i]Metal Gear Solid[/i].
The idea of a boss that can read your control port was wholly original, and had some great tricks to mess with the player. Making the screen go blank with error messages popping up, turning allies against you, invisibility. All makes for a memorable fight.

Metal Sonic from [i]Sonic 2[/i].
Just a fight I can't forget. Only obstacle between the player and the final boss. Only weak spot was his forehead, and with no rings in the level, mistakes were unacceptable. Quite fast for an opponent as well.
SilentSoul92
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...les see

Maxwell from Tales of Symphonia
GAH! no matter how many times you hit him, it's almost impossible to make him stagger when he's casting a spell. I must've gotten hit with Thunder Arrow 50 times or something...<_<

And

Mira-kontan from Legends of Eternia
Hehe, I made this game myself and decided to fight the last boss to see if he was hard enough. Took me a whole hour to beat him. Incredible stats and attacks. Maybe I should've mad it easier...
amerowolf
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobunoga Oda-Onimusha series
He's so f**king cool in full demon form. In onimusha 2 i mean. In tactics he was a pushover, but in 2 he was a pain in the ass.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yusuke
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemesis from Resident Evil 3
or
Yawn from Resident Evil The Remake.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SilentSoul92
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind, I'm convinced now that the gaurdain of the wind sage temple (forgot his name) from Wind Waker, is the most freaking annoying hard to beat boss I've faced so far.
UltimaMewtwo
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanatos from Secret of Mana or Another Thanatos from Battle Clash and Metal Combat (Battle Clash 2)

Member No. 5,524
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nyah
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the case of hard to beat

literally every freaking Vagrant Story boss

err whats her name that sorceress in FF8 who looks like a man XD;

I-no Guilty Gear XX oh how glad I was when venom was the only character to kick her ass in one go.

In the case of badass-favourites

Sydney Losstarot-Vagrant Story I loved Sydney he was so cool and mysterious though he's one of those is he good or bad types at times.

Wesker- resident evil yes that man is just cool X3

Vergil-Devil May Cry awesome design, good theme music good battle moves it was fun fighting him XD

Delacroix-Chaos Legion as a game CL suckz muchly XD; but delacriox has long white/silver hair, gold eyes and neat cape, waistcoat type design plus he's the badguy.....umm all my fav things in one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ChaosWings
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....I really love Albedo from Xenosaga Ep. 1. He's a total lunatic, just the way he talks and acts. He's my favorite character! Well, him and Chaos. (Note my screen name)
Elbreth
Still very bored

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sephiroth - can you think of an advisary that better embodies misanthropy, insanity and a general lust for annhialation better than Sephiroth? I can't.

On top of which, he has a very villinous appearance and attitude to life.

Also, is there any other enemy that is hellbent on mentally destroying your protagonists, killing your planet, and still has many people willing him on to victory?
SilentSoul92
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, going to have to agree on that one.
Meredianna
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark knight, or whatever his name is.. from FF crystal chronicles, he's super, unique, tiny, and i think cute? :wub:,*he's wearing full armor so i couldnt see his face* he is a lilty ..... the race lilties in FF chronicles are adorable and cute ! i will have to say he is a villain one of a kind! Laughing
Elbreth
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another...

Breath Of Fire IV's Fu Lou.

An emperor frozen in time awakens into a time-frame where his title can no longer claim him respect. However, he's going to get it, one way or another.

Appears like Sephiroth in many ways...that Stereotypical Japanese villain (long hair, morbidly twisted face, brandishing a long sword) really does it for me.

On top of that, he speaks in Ye Olde English, very coldly.

As if that wasn't enough, he can turn himself into a being of supreme power and destruction, the Dragon.
Thirteen_Black_Roses
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sephiroth is just an effeminate homicidal psychopath with mommy issues. :D

One of these days I'm gonna have to get my boyfriend to cosplay as Seifer at a con. Seifer's cool. I don't really know why.
Elbreth
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Thirteen_Black_Roses (Weilder of"] Sephiroth is just an effeminate homicidal psychopath with mommy issues. Very Happy [/quote]
Oh.
No.
She.
Did.
Not.
KeheiZero
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to remember Jenova wasn't Sephiroth's mother, Lucretia was.

Although people say Sephiroth was the "original cool bad guy" and that his white hair has been copied countless times since then and so on, there were better bad guys before him. Keith from Psychic Force. Master of ice and all round evil dude. (White hair I might add.) Plus I think Gilgamesh from FFV was better.
Thirteen_Black_Roses
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote][quote]
Sephiroth is just an effeminate homicidal psychopath with mommy issues.  [/quote]

Oh.
No.
She.
Did.
Not. [/quote]

Oh.
Yes.
She.
Did.

Ok, forgot about Lucretia, but the rest of it's true. My sister took one look at my AC Sephiroth wallpaper and asked "Who's she?" And he [i]did[/i] try to destroy the planet and kill everybody.

Meh, I need to change my wallpaper. The resolution's not great and it's getting old.
SilentSoul92
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop arguing. Anyway, in decision of best villan, I definitely like Sephiroth. He is NOT a baby with mommy issues. Sheesh, anyway, after that, my next fave would be Yggdrasil from Tales of Symphonia.
Sorceress_Ultimecia
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorceress Ultimecia from Final Fantasy VIII, Wooooooooooooooo!

P.S: Thirteen_Black_Roses...Your avatar makes me vomit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
knuckles12345
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr.eggman from sonic, he blew up half the moon, and nearly took over the world with shadow and metal sonic
DarkLight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::Baten Kaitos Spoiler::

Melodia from Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean, who couldn't love a girl who calls the God of Destruction her Precious Baby?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: