Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Anime People That You Would Like To Be
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Technicolour_Tortoise

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayame, my friend, you cannot fail to make yourself look the fool.

[quote]
I have to disagree with your last point, if you are looking into the whole, "If they ain't speaking, they have no development cause the author didn't give 'em one" idea... Well, I really disagree, I mean, if that were the case, most anime and Manga character's wouldn't be practical to become 'cause we never see them go to the toilet [...] Well the same goes for a unknown but once viewed oniwanbashu character. I mean, you could argue that they themselves aren't a character but for the sheer fact that they were drawn and placed in Rurouni Kenshin shows that they were intended to live in that world and therefore be apart of it and have a personality. [...] if you suddenly became them, you could carry on that particular relationship and advance it to a stage unseen in manga or anime making your random character into a full fledged manga main!
[/quote]

Why yes, you make a valid point, but the fact that they live in one scene does not give enough information to become them. Yes, the may know the lead, but they may not.

Yes, because they were placed in one scene proves they live in the anime, but you obviously don't understand that they are not an anime character because they are without a name, address and are just random pixelations. They lack the fundementals that are needed for a person.

But I can see your point of view on this matter.

And I will disagree with your toilet remark because I am reading a manga where someone shouts out that they need to go to the toilet. I doubt the author was the most subtle of fools.

[quote]If forced to become a lead though... Er, I'd probably become Miboshi from Fushigi Yuugi. I don't particularly like him[/quote]

You liar. Wink

Yes, I would agree that [b]Miboshi[/b] from [i]Fushigi Yuugi[/i] is good, but if forced to become a lead from [i]Fushigi Yuugi[/i] you could do better than that. How about [b]Tasuki[/b], his flaming tessen, or [b]Chichiri[/b]? [b]Miboshi[/b] can, as you remark, float and create demons from his prayer wheel but then again so can [b]Tai Itsukun[/b].

Though, thinking about it. You do look alot like [b]Tai Itsukun[/b]... Perfect match! ^_^

[quote]
There HAS to be someone, somewhere, in one of those anime / mangas that lives an ideal life X_X;;;. I'd love to trade places with any side-character that's mega-rich, powerful, leads a peaceful life, etc. [/quote]

[b]Kugyou Kouki[/b] from [i]Imadoki[/i], he's rich and powerful. His father owns the highschool he goes to so he is in charge of that and no one can do anything to him. He has his own personal limo, and lots of people wanting to be his *friends*.

However, he is incredibly lonely, because all his *friends* use him to get what they want because of his status.

However, he's not a side character, he's the leading man.

- Ari

Punked_up_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I said MOST Ari... MOST... That means that in some but not all Mangas character's aren't shown in many of their daily duties.

Anywho, we'll agree to disagree but this topic is going around the idea that if that anime were the real thing like our world, who would you be... So if it were the real thing, lets say if you were Chichiri, if you passed a person in the street, they'd a a real person, just like you.

Maybe i could fo better than Miboshi but if I were to be someone like Chichiri... It'd be hard. I prolly wouldn't strike of the happy go lucky personality he has and would come across as a moody person, react diffrently in situations and due to my dislike of Miaka, get all the Senshi killed in seconds. I also wouldn't be able to pull off the floaty queen of uncool, Tai, I mean yet again, Miaka relies on her and so does the fate of two worlds as she is like a guidence counciller.

I feel I could pull off Miboshi, moody, irratating and evil. Nobody'll rely on me as much as he is basically the door stop of the Seiryuu senshi and it wouldn't hurt to then run (or float) to the hills. You know, make a new life and change into a girls body, marry a fit rich guy... you know the rest Razz
Technicolour_Tortoise

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]That's why I said MOST Ari... MOST... That means that in some but not all Mangas character's aren't shown in many of their daily duties.[/quote]

Then please, except my apologises, Saito-san.

[quote]I prolly wouldn't strike of the happy go lucky personality he has and would come across as a moody person, react diffrently in situations and due to my dislike of Miaka, get all the Senshi killed in seconds. I also wouldn't be able to pull off the floaty queen of uncool, Tai, I mean yet again, Miaka relies on her and so does the fate of two worlds as she is like a guidence counciller.[/quote]

Yes but then you wouldn't be the character you chose to be. You would still be, the Saito, I know.

The regulations to be an anime character are that you become that character, that you have no knowledge of the person you are at the moment and that you become that person; mentally, physically and personality wise. You [b]would[/b] be able to strike out as the happy-go-lucky type, because that is what you were designed and cast for.

This ties in to me thinking that subliminal, background characters aren't anime characters, because their ownly purpose is the backdrop. They have no aim, no goal, in said series, and you would become an subliminal blip on the outline, who does not exist due to the lack of information.

Anime characters aren't like human beings, they are created for the purpose of entertainment, and for them to be classed as a character they must have sufficient enough evidence for the readers to notice him or her.

[quote]So if it were the real thing, lets say if you were Chichiri, if you passed a person in the street, they'd a a real person, just like you.[/quote]

That's exactally it! They wouldn't be, because [b]Chichiri[/b] does not live in my time era, nor my world. This only goes as far as cast members on [i]Fushigi Yuugi[/i], for, I know they look like human beings, Watase-Sama clearly points out the complications. That[b] Chichiri[/b] and the other seishi of [b]Byakko[/b], [b]Genbu[/b], [b]Suzaku[/b] and [b]Seiryuu[/b], are characters in a book.

[quote]You know, make a new life and change into a girls body, marry a fit rich guy... you know the rest [/quote]

Taro's mine, Saito-San!

- Ari
Punked_up_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah whatever.

I was using him as a random example, but I get ya and I feel ya prolly have the better argument in the long term.

Moving on to a another thing...

In becoming a character with your own will, would you have any of your old personality traits? Would you be anything like your old self and be able to think... Cool! I'm Inyuasha! I have dog ears! (or whatever) Or would you be like... Them completely. Also if you were a straight female and turned into a straight male character, would your preference show?

Meh, whatever.

BTW, Taro is MINE!
SenayDragon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to be Excel! (note avatar <--) Her life is so full of insanity! I HEART INSANITY! X3
ThaKakarot
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whehehe i'd have to be Keitaro Urashima
I mean he lives in a girl dorm for christ sake
down side would be that i would get beaten up by girls everyday Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Technicolour_Tortoise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote].....ok.  Seriously.  There HAS to be someone, somewhere, in one of those anime / mangas that lives an ideal life X_X;;;.  I'd love to trade places with any side-character that's mega-rich, powerful, leads a peaceful life, etc. [/quote]

I have got it! You could probably choose any of the students from Meio Academy in [i]Imadoki![/i] because they're all fabulously wealthy, have a great education, some of them are hugely powerful (well will be when they're older). They live in great houses and most likely have a servant waiting on their every need.

[quote]If you're wanting to be an anime character basing it on their lifestyle, Poplar from Imadoki would be a great character to choose. Loving family, very protective, great life. Happiness. Apart from he's a fox, but you can work around that...[/quote]

Now, with the students, I doubt they have such a loving and protective family. However, you'll be a human, which is always a plus.

[b]*SPOILER* Please Highlight to read[/b]
And, I failed to mention, that [b]Poplar[/b] lives with [b]Tanpopo[B] in that small, pokey flat. And has to continually "bug" [b]Tanpopo[/b] to feed him, and perhaps even take care of him. Which is a major downside to being a fox.

[quote]Whehehe i'd have to be Keitaro Urashima
I mean he lives in a girl dorm for christ sake[/quote]

Then you could also say that you would want to be [b]Hideki Motsuwa[/b] from [i]Chobits[/i] because he owns a persocom that does not understand the meaning of clothes (for the majority of the story) and she regularly shows more skin than a normal persocom would.

Or perhaps even wish yourself to be [b]Naru[/b] from [i]Love Hina[/i] because she lives in a girls dorm, also you don't get beaten up everyday.

[b]*SPOILER* Please highlight to read[/b]
I'm not sure if this is a spoiler but...

[As far as my series of manga books go (Vol. 9)...] [b]Keitaro[/b] is shunned by the girls, and whenever they are more open towards him, he always does something to "put his foot in it". Up untill he meets [b]Mutsumi[/b] (whereas she is clumsier then he is) [Naru] becomes jealous but still shuns [b]Keitaro[/b].

Therefore, you still would not have the perks of living in a female dorm.

- Ari

JINTEIthe76thKAISER
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay......what anime fellow do I want to be. Well, I have an idea but it doesn't come from any anime show. It comes from my personal anime series. Don't mock me. You won't like me when I'm angry. <_<

Hmmm...the Idea popped out when I was doodling in Physics class. Ehh..the teacher was asleep at his desk. There was nothing to do then. Anyway, my classmate beside me saw what I was doing then suddenly he was babbling something. After the next few weeks I arranged with all my 52 friends who they want to be in this project. Oh, and me too.

So, the fellow I am now in my series is a tall muscular guy carrying a battle damaged battle axe, a pistol, a shotgun, some grenades, an armalight(M-16), and a Gatling gun. OOOOOOOHHHHH. I like what I am right now. Fear me. Just kidding. His name is Christus, a friend of Kenta who......ehhhhh, the story's too long!! I shouldnt bother you all with my blabbering.

................................on second thought I will!!!!!!! WTF?

Here are some of the characters in the series. They reflect the personalities of my friends. the character's names are also taken from my friends' names.
Kenta(Kent Galang)-a wizard-this was my seatmate who introduced to me the idea.
Crusader Anton(Julius Anthony Corominas)-elite soldier
Warrior monk Tiu(Michael Phillip Tiu Abadia)-a monk, duh!!!

Oh, sorry. I was getting out of topic. My bad.

Once again, I wanna be like Christus!!!............I drew him myself.

I know. soon somebody's gonna tell me that the character should come from a real anime. TELL THAT TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!! Grr!

--People don't mean to kill each other. It happens because they are poor or desperate or really thirsty or in need of a vacation or something.
Punked_up_Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, that atcually sounds pretty cool. You have characters sorted out for like, fifty so people? Jeez, now that's creativity. All from one crappy lesson? Kudos to you then.

You've probably alreadly posted a picture of him somewhere, but If you get the chance, stick one in this topic or something... I mean, you say you drew him yourself afterall. ^_^

I've decided it'd be pretty cool to be one of the peeps in Furaba, I mean, turning into an animal? They get all the fun... >_< I'd have to read more volumes to decide whom to be tho...

Hn... Atcually, I'll say I'd probaqbly be someone like Hyakurin from Blade of the Immortal, I mean, she has got a pretty crappy life in many instances, but sheesh, she's pretty darn cool and she has close cotacts with Shrinji, Giichi, Manji and Rin. In [i]Beasts[/i] she goes through some awful stuff (I won't say what...) So that'd put me off, but still, her bravery and personality? Hell yeah, it'd be worth it!

BTW, quit having a go at me Ari, your making it hard for me to state any of my opinons without having to back them up with a miles worth of reasons.
Technicolour_Tortoise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]BTW, quit having a go at me Ari, your making it hard for me to state any of my opinons without having to back them up with a miles worth of reasons.[/quote]

Just doing my job, Saito-San. I never said miles worth either, just at least 6 Wink. Anyway, it's not worth posting if you're just gonna put:

"I want to be [b]Yu-Gi-Oh[/b]!"

I just feel like screaming, "Well, why do you want to be like [b]Yu-Gi-Oh[/b]?", at least give me some sort of discussion!

{I just looked over my last post and when did I bug you? I am just posting Saito-san!}

[quote]After the next few weeks I arranged with all my 52 friends who they want to be in this project. Oh, and me too.[/quote]

Wow, that's some feat. When my friends and I tryed to do the same thing with about 12 people; it fell apart. You must be very organised!

[quote]I am now in my series is a tall muscular guy carrying a battle damaged battle axe, a pistol, a shotgun, some grenades, an armalight(M-16), and a Gatling gun. OOOOOOOHHHHH. I like what I am right now. Fear me. Just kidding. His name is Christus, a friend of Kenta[/quote]

A damaged battle axe as a main weapon? So, your guy is extremely strong and good with using melee (sp) weapons, apposed to being better with distance weapons and having good aim? It sounds interesting because that's quite an array of weapons and sills which is unusual to see in a manga. Usually it's melee (sp) weapons, or just wholesome guns.

What time-era is this based in? Obviously, if it was in the past it would have to be sometime in the past 100 years (or less due to your weapons) or it could be numerous numbers of years in the future.

What cloths does [b]Christus[/b] wear? What country is this set? I cannot get an image of this character, because at the moment I am just imagining, a tall, dark haired, handsome man. With a good complexion, dark eyes, asian race, wearing a kimono whilst brandishing a rusty battle-axe. I do not mean to be irratating, and perhaps this is not the thread, but I would like to know more about this character so I can form some sort of image.

This is getting increasingly off-topic, but I am quite engaged with this manga idea, and perhaps you would trouble yourself to write a short description for me? I would love to read, see, and know more about this. Because I do, genuinely, like the sounds of the characters.

[quote]I know. soon somebody's gonna tell me that the character should come from a real anime. TELL THAT TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!![/quote]

If anyone says that then half my suggestions {the characters from Meio Acadamy, friends to your favourite character} are unusable too. So I doubt anyone will say that.

[quote]I've decided it'd be pretty cool to be one of the peeps in Furaba, I mean, turning into an animal? They get all the fun... >_< I'd have to read more volumes to decide whom to be tho...[/quote]

From the first volume I'd be [b]Shigure[/b], he's calm, collected, cynical and so hilariously amusing. But, I agree, I would have to buy some more volumes to be able to make a stable judgement.

- Ari
Punked_up_Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not raging at you for the last post in particular, I mean it's usful being kept on my feet I guess... That came out alot colder than it was meant to... Sorry, heh... ^_^ I'm just thinking, rage against the dudes going -

I want to be [insert name here] :)

I mean, it's just, I want some of my crap to sound half justified or something.... I dunno ^_^ I guess it don't matter, I'm just a wounded sheepy who needs the right to sit down and go "Baa!" and please ignore that sentance... Yes, I know it made no sense whatsoever... . . . .

Nah, I agree with you, I can't picture things really well without a massive description of the characters, or a picture of somesort. I probably have the opposite mental image of how he's meant to look ^_^ Oh well, heh, I'm always doing that.... So uh, RJ, post a pic or desctiption somewhere, it seems you've intrested a couple of peeps.

We look fowards to ye's actionisms. What sorta area's it se in? I mean, like the west, far east, somewhere resembling the west or far east? Whatever the case is, we're dense, so show us what the BIG picture is. ^_^

Oh, Shigure sounds a pretty good choice, I mean, he could communicate with lickle doggies, turn into a lickle (or big) doggie and face it, he walks around in a Kimono, how darn cool!? Ah, and his hair is just... Very Happy
Alagaesia1silverfang
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to be one I made up my own wow now I sound crazy!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hikari0205
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm..............i suppose it would b cool 2 be Sister Rosette Christopher in Chrno Crusade ^_^
Sephir0th666777
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not really want to BE an anime character, but i would like some of those powers, especially Neji's Byuakugan, from Naruto

See through solid objects

359 degrees of vision

Pretty nice Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShadowCatYumi08
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[COLOR=purple] Razz Totally agree about the Roy thing....

Anyways, I'd probably like to be Kagome from Inuyasha (did I spell that right?). She's cool and all, but if I were her, and still had my personality, I'd be kickin' butt! Someone's gotta teach her how to fight better.

Of course I could also be Sango. She already kicks butt, but she needs get with Miroku already. I probably would if I were her..... Wink Imagine how the series would be then! Razz
Sephir0th666777
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Or Integra from Hellsing so I can make Alucard my bitch [/quote]

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nice!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PinoyOutlaw

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INUYASHA!!! haha, Im jus a big Inu fan and it wud b cool 2 b Inuyasha!!! Although when I first saw the show, I thought he was some cat demon cuz of his so called dog ears Razz But wut eva ^_^ (I get a big sword, fangs n claws Rolling eyes )
Dogss
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna be that..guy with th crazy hair and the voice that doesen't match with really bad dubbing. Yu-gi-oh....was it?
shinto_grrl
Still very bored

Location: my ass is planted in Texas, along with my man-eating plant "FEED ME SEYMOUR!!!"

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmm...I'd like to be Edward from FMA so I could beat the crap out of this fat bastard that goes to my school with my super-hard metal arm and leg, and also so I could see how it feels to be a boy. ^^'
Wu_the_Lotus_Blossom
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'd like to be Rolling eyes Excel Excel from Excel Saga or maybe Hitomi from Escaflowne Razz . It's hard to choose whitch one.[QUOTE]
"Oh lord Ilpalatzo!" "What the deal with the rope?" Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: