Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Lord Of The Rings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen all of the cartoon movies they made for the series and all of the actual movies they have out so far. I just recently started reading the first book and I'm really liking it. Would anyone here like to discuss the series?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is kool. lol, ok seriousness:

***********transforms into Wise_and_smart_Powtaz******************

The movies are pretty amazing, but the books themselves were better. even though the movies now are better than the old crummy cartoon, it still lacks that feel.

indeed, the movies are becoming my favourite films of all time. return of the king, if like the book, will be pretty amazing. haha, smeagal is stupid.

************transformation ends, normal self**********************

Legolas all the way! lol

it would be kool if Legolas was me.

seriously: good series, but can be long and borring at times, but trust me, its worth reading.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The books're thick, and the movie (only went to the first one) blew, so unless at some point I'm required, I shall pass. I think I read a couple chapters of The Hobbit once...
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, the computer flashed and then my cell wrang. coincedence i think not. off topic, sorry. next up: LOTR, Fallen, it depends on taste, i like elves, thus i like lotr. LOL. thats why i play magic:tg. but i dont have an elf deck, i play direct damage. booyah. off topic. im sorry. Fallen, u will be my queen, i will follow you to Morridor. lol, oh man, im so shuting up today, i think that this is like, my 26th post.......OF THE DAY! why.......I DON'T KNOW. i think a) i like this board. and Cool i like you people. how odd.
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with your 1st post, powtaz- the books are great, but his writing style can be very tedious. the descriptions lack vividness, but the characters (legolas is too cool Smile ) are great and the story is very original and exciting.

i like the movies- i read lotr when i was rather young, so i don't think i completely understood all of it. the movies clarified some things. but i was pissed at some of the stuff they took out, tho
Len
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had just started reading the first book and got quite hooked on it (skipped the prologue, as it was very boring. Is the prologue gonna be very important...?). The movie was very different from it. (Too different, I find. Guess they really couldn't afford to make it a 4 or 5 hours long film with every single detail described in the book included into the film...*sigh*)
ZeroHourLP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f**k you and your elves, Powtaz. Gnomes all the way. Yes, Lord of the Rings can be rawl, but no gnomes. They got everything BUT gnomes. Hence, f**k LOTR.
ZeroHourLP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it doesn't have furries. Unless you can count the hobbits as such, but because of the huge battle in the second movie I'll let it pass. Also, Gandalf is the man.
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gandalf rocks because his name starts with "Ga" like, Gambit.
also, elves can throw arrows at gnomes, and then drink tea. can gnomes drink tea? can they? ay, ay? no, i didnt think so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: