Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Favorite Instruments?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a funeral today and they had bagpipes playing Amazing Grace... it was absolutely beautiful. Right now I'm listening to some bagpipes playing Greensleeves. I bet a lot of people will start talking about guitars on here.... Atleast the ones that actually post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sanoshi
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo, thats pretty cool. I never heard a bagpipes in real life. Lol i like guitars, but not a whole lot. My fav. Instrument would have to be the Piano. *.* Then it's Violin and Flute. Lol you can tell i like mellow soft things.... the fluffyness. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(talented) electric guitar. Sorry, Kate, you knew I'd be one to say it. Hate (most) acoustic, but a riff like in "Coma" (Gn'R) or a solo like in "Life Goes On" (Poison). Yeah baby. I'd say more, but this isn't the unmoderated forum. Nu metal's a disgrace to the instrument. :angry:

I played violin for a year and hated it. Played piano for five, and that was ok, but I quit 'cause the teacher never let me play what I wanted (asked me what I wanted, said she'd order it, then it just happened to not be there when it should have, and she'd end up picking something for me). I like piano music, and I'd still be playing had she let me learn with what I wanted to play. Not everyone wants to learn playing Bach n' Mozart, lady. So guitar tabs it is, on my cheap little Fender Squier Strat. Sexay.

I also kinda like harmonica when it's part of a guitar-based song (ie Bad Obsession, Good Love, etc.). I'd probably like playing drums. Something about hitting things... I'm probably not coordinated enough for it, though.
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bass guitar is one- it really adds to a song, i think. also drums when you have such a talented drummer like dave grohl or someone- it just heightens the impact of the song
i play bass clarinet, which i love because it goes so low and it is big so i feel all important. (tho that's not true, i can dream rite?).
i also love irish music (folk songs are cool, but also modern bands like flogging molly), so i like the bagpipes*, flute, and fiddle when they are used for jigs and other irish songs.

*i know bagpipes are considered scottish, but i think they actually originated in ireland (correct me if i'm wrong), and they are sometimes used in irish folk music
iamem0tionless

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bagpipes are Irish... they played them at this wedding I went to that was for this Irish guy (my neighbor) so yea...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the saxaphone. cant get enough of it, so smooth, like me. i am a saxaphone. lol.
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxaphones are pretty cool- i love jazz and ska, but the sax is a great compliment to any type of music
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxaphones are pretty cool- i love jazz and ska, but the sax is a great compliment to any type of music

and thanks for the info, kate!
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u are welcome.

wait i dont have info.
WAIT. im not Kate.
oh.
then, forget this post.
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahaha i guess this time confusion was [i]my[/i] gift! sorry for that, but i was thanking kate for clarifying the whole "are bagpipes irish" thing.
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. thats true. because she is right. u may have gotten me this time, but, try and catch me
*jumps out an open window, parrachute opens*

lol
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha it'd be like that family guy episode where peter is fighting the man in the chicken suit and the stupid chicken keeps coming back- even after he falls out of the top story of an office building- but without a parachute. (sorry if you don't watch this show- i'm [i]slightly[/i] obsessed. :cough: i've memorized almost every episode :cough:
iamem0tionless

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, you're welcome. I need to learn to play guitar...
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish i could play, too! i've always wanted to know how to play guitar or bass guitar. sadly, i have no money for that kind of thing...
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love family guy. my fav show. yes.
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo can i make a family guy topic?? sorry but i could talk about that show all day. my friend and i will just randomly quote scenes from it (when the occasion calls for it)
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to learn, too. Oh wait, I just haven't gotten around to it. Oh well. When you decide to drop the cash, definitely go to Guitar Center. The prices are the same as 99.9% of the pawn shops (at least around here), and the staff knows what the hell they're talking about. Smile Unliked the one pawn shop dude I talked to "Uh...well...we've got lots of guitars right here, and um...we get a lot of these, er *goes and reads the headstock*....Squiers...$190. Most are in really good condition."

I'm sure there are some nice pawn shops somewhere, but everywhere I've been to was beat up junk, not to mention the amps that you'd be lucky if they worked for a month after you bought 'em. I got my Fender Squier for $280 in a package deal, $149 for just the guitar. Y'all should've checked out the anniversary sale. Cheap cheap cheap. Eh, gone off topic. (*cough*guitar center*cough* it's a fun place to just hang around, too Razz)
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, thanks that's really helpful!!!
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. Very Happy Fender Squiers are about as cheap as quality gets. My mother was dead set on me getting some little thing from Costco. Ugh. Department stores are not the best place...or even a mildly good place. Razz Random other buying tips (since I'm horribly bored).

1. If you can, definitely try the guitar and see if you like the way it feels. Some are heavier than others, bigger, different shapes, etc.
2. Get the salesman to play it to see if you like the sound. Even though if you're learning (as I am) it doesn't matter much, different guitars (and brands) have different sounds. Ibanez guitars sound different than Fenders that are different than Gibsons and so on. (I had a link somewhere that talked about the different brands, who uses them, what kinda sound they have. Found it on google)
3. My mother thought that all electric guitars cost thousands, but I really have no use for a Gibson Les Paul (with dragon inlay...I will have it someday Cool), so I'm just playing my "cheap" Squier until I want something better and can upgrade.
4. Buy what you need. I want to play 80s glam stuff (Poison, Gn'R, Motley, etc.), so there's no need for me to buy equipment I won't ever use. I don't need a distortion pedal 'cause a decent amp works fine, but if I wanted to play something a bit heavier, I'd probably want one.
5. Not so much for buying, but if you don't already have one, definitely get one of those things (blanking on what they're called) that plug into a stereo headphone jack so you can plug normal headphones into them. That way I can play as loud as I want and just wreck my hearing instead of disturbing the neighbors. Rolling eyes

Hmm, think that's all I can think of. I spent lots of time just wandering around Guitar Center, lookin' at all the pretty guitars I'd have to sell my soul to afford and watching dudes come in and play. Fun. (and if it matters, I have a Fender Frontman 15G amp...meh, s'ok) Sorry, Kate, I threadjacked your topic.
Sanoshi
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude Fallen..
*bows* how should i say... your one with many knowledge. You've and will always earn my respect.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: