Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
School Of Rock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, there's no movie section, but since this is about music, who's gone to see School of Rock? I just got back, and damn, for a "clean" movie it was kickass funny. Some of the jokes were lost on the kids and everyone who wasn't into rock or has hung around musicians, but there were some awesome scenes. If nothing else, it's exposing kids to true rock and teaching 'em that pop is crap (Led Zep, Sabbath, and AC/DC, now that's a lesson). Those kids were great, though a little disturbing that they're more talented than every new band on mtv (another thing I loved, Jack's dig at MTV). Anyone who was considering going, you must. And if you weren't, just go anyway. It kicks ass.

And there are a number of pretty rock boys in a few of the scenes. Snake scares me (go see it, and if you've seen the movie, you know what I mean). Oh, and the soundtrack rocks. Lots of AC/DC.

Any thoughts?
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, not really. that movie looks like a 'rent with ur friends' and not a 'see at cinema' type.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, not at all, man. That's like watching a concert on tv instead of being right in the front row. No comparison. Big screen...loud music (AC/DC!)...bright lights...definitely a theater movie. If they played it in IMAX...awesome. The lightshow alone is really cool. A little pissant tv screen would be such a lame comparison. I'll probably have to drag more friends with me this weekend. We'll be the obnoxious assholes near the front, cheering and flashing the metal horns. Very Happy Can't wait.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: