Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Im New Here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnGeLsNeSt
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uneasy hihi ^-^ im new here, and im sorta a medium level artist so could u guyz give me some tips on maybe some of the supplies i should use or some different wayz of drawing? im in high skewl art 1 and hav been drawin since 4th grade but i still have alot of wayz to go. i have the 72 prismacolors set, now r prismacolors good to use or should i try some of those fancy jap. pens or whatever? anywayz i would just like some tipz and stuff ^-^
AnGeLsNeSt
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well geez, dunt everybody all at once reply Sad
SgtNeko-chan
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Prisma color markers too. They're good. What about Photoshop,have you tried it?
Akito
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey person, welcome to Fanart-Central, I hope you will enjoy it here. I'm Jake, you can come to me if you need anything. XD

When drawing, I use a .5 mm mechanical pencil, then I scan it, and darken the lines in Adobe Photoshop 7.0, then usually do a CEL shade effect, like most anime. Prisma Color Pencils are really good too, but kinda pricy, one of my friends uses them, she's really good at it. XD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DG-sama

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyo There! ^^ Welcome welcome! I hope you like your stay here at FAC!

God damn you signature WORK!
AnGeLsNeSt
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink thanx for your replies ^-^ i really want adobe photoshop but izn't it really pricey?
HeavenlyKunoichi
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but you could always download it illegally on a peer to peer program but it is illegal. It is beter to just buy it.
Maylia_Intusha
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya. ^__^ Welcome to the site! *hands you welcome badge and a truck load of marshmallows* My giftie. ^__^

[i]mod edit: removed the huge attached image[/i]
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photoshop may be expensive but it's worth it... i think also like paintshop pro might be good as well.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="HeavenlyKunoichi (Odera I)"] Yes but you could always download it illegally on a peer to peer program but it is illegal. It is beter to just buy it. [/quote]
Please don't discuss pirating on the board, especially in the form of a suggestion. :huh:

I know you were just trying to be helpful, but let's leave it at yes, it's expensive, but you don't have to get the full version. There's student discounts as well as things like Photoshop Elements II, which has everything you'd ever need. So if you can't afford full photoshop, look around for Elements II and you'll be all set.
Akito
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="AnGeLsNeSt (Laura aka Rika)"] Wink thanx for your replies ^-^ i really want adobe photoshop but izn't it really pricey? [/quote]
if 400-600 dollars is pricey, yes it is.

or you could...

*cough* download it on KaZaA K++ *cough*

*cough* that's what Jessica did *cough*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you read the replies, Jake. <_< One more and I'm closing this thread and any others that mention pirating. It's not cool, especially when it comes to posting on a message board. There's a very good reason DA gives policy violations for even mentioning it.

Photoshop Elements II will set you back something around $99 for all the same features except those you can use for mass print production, and I doubt you'll be needing those. Search for "photoshop elements 2" on http://www.download.com for a free trial and see if you like it.
Soniku_Shadou
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DG-Sama, by any chance, does the DG mean "Dragon Goddess"? It's kinda farfetched, but is it? I know what sama means but there can be many possibilties.

Anyway back to the subject... I also use a .5mm mechanical pencil for minute details and a thicker one, lets say umm... .35mm for the outline. I always draw lines on my peoples' faces for some reason, but anyway, after that I scan in my artwork on the printshop and make the lines black (cause' I do it in pencil), add soem colour and presto, you have my artwork. Yeah PRISMACOLOUR is kinda pricy and CRAYOLA is no good for colouring dark things (the pencils are too light) but they do come in a variety of colours. I normally use LAURENTIEN for my unimportant doodles that I do all the time, but you may catch me using CRAYOLA pencils on hair, eyes or freckles. I normally use just PILOT FINELINERS for drawings when I'm not in the mood for booting up our scanner (hee hee lazy Razz )
I have a tip, if you don't want to make a mess, DO NOT USE CHARCOAL!!! It makes a big mess and screws up my drawing. But if you do plan on using charcoal, keep that stuff away from water! It'll turn your desk black, trust me, I tried using charcoal and then my painting water spilled all over it! So do yourself a favour and keep the charcoal for very important pictures that are done on hard sketchpaper.

Another thing I use for colouring is ink, I use quickdrying stuff so I can finish the drawing without accidentally blending the colours. Paint is okay, but don't use watercolours on a drawing that you just outlined, it will blend the black in with the other colours that you put on.

Anyway, I hope my advice helps, I've read fifty BILLION art books and had some experience with mishaps, but I'm sure you'll do fine happy drawing! Smile
RoseDagger
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME!
*does a little dance*
I start out with a #2hb sharpened pencil and i sketch everything out. Once i perfect my picture i ink it with micro pens (yes they are expensive try using a extra fine line sharpy) after i use my colored pencils (crayola :huh: yes i know kindergarden but they work good...i should buy some prisma colored pencils) sometimes i use my program MGI Photo Suite but it really sux so im gonna get photoshop......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AnGeLsNeSt
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanx everyone! Don't worry though, b/c I won't be downloading photoshop ^^;
kristefur
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are lucky you actually know how to do stuff on this site, I get very confused very easily.. I don't know how to get a higher rank on this except for what cstdenis told me. [QUOTE]Your title and number of pips (blue squares) are based on your number of posts.

Popular people also usually get a custom title eventually (Dont expect one 'till you have at least a few hundred posts).

So I guess just keep talkin' huh? or put more pictures and stuff on here! Oh well I'll get it soon enough. Could anyone just tell more faq's about this site, I'm all ears, and I would like to know this things I'm capabel of. Ya never know..suprise me!
kristefur
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I found out how to bring up the blue bricks! You do what cstdenis told me! and you give lots of comments! and upload pictures! that's how I have got one more than before!
AnGeLsNeSt
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kewl!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: